Support and Resources For Pastors and
Christian Ministry Professionals
Thomas F. Fischer, M.Div., M.S.A., Editor
| MH Website Overview | Ministry Resources
| MH Archives | MH Dissertations
Youre The Only One I Can Tell
Ruth N. Koch
Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be shaken but endures forever. Psalm 125:1 (NIV)
- We sat at my kitchen table, our kids played nearby.
- "Youre the only one I can tell," she said quietly. And then her story.
Grief. Betrayal. Secrets.
- Quite a remarkable woman.
- I marveled at her artfully hidden wounds. Courageous. Responsible. Lonely with her
- But not lonely anymore. She had invited me to glimpse her inner life.
What a privilege!
- How do I qualify?
- Strangely, first because of my husbands job. A church workers
wife must surely share his Christian faith and values, she told me. Then she looked me
over, to see faith and safety. Because I live in a glass house, she got a good look.
- What a privilege that my gift of faith blesses her gift of faith. What a privilege to be
like Mount Zion for her--someone who trusts God and wont be shaken.
- A privilege realized because God chose to use me.
- A ministry opportunity because Im married to a church worker.
Lord, you are like Mount Zion! Thank you for being my firm foundation, unshakable
and enduring. Strengthen my faith so that my unique position in the church serves and
- Try This: This week, notice the unique ministry opportunities you have
because you are married to a church professional.
- Ruth N. Koch
- Note: This article originally appeared in "Grace
Notes," a book of devotions for women who work in the church and wives
of church professionals by Ruth N. Koch. "Grace Notes"
is published by Concordia Publishing House. Article reprinted for Ministry Health with
permission by the author. It is an excellent uplifting resource
especially for women. TF
Index Articles 1-49
Articles 50-99 Articles
100-149 Articles 150-199
200-249 Articles 250-299
Articles 300-349 Articles
Copyright © 1997-2004 Ministry
Health, LLC All Rights Reserved.
FrontPage and Microsoft Internet Explorer are registered trademarks of
Adobe Acrobat and PDF are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems
Hosted and Developed by SAMSA
was revised on:
Tuesday, October 05, 2004 11:03:53 PM