Support and Resources For Pastors and
Christian Ministry Professionals
Thomas F. Fischer, M.Div., M.S.A., Editor
| MH Website Overview | Ministry Resources
| MH Archives | MH Dissertations
Snippets For Leaders
Thomas F. Fischer
- "I am convinced that if the rate of change inside an organization is less than the
rate of change outside, the end is in sight."
- John Welch, CEO of General Electric
- "The achievement of excellence can occur only if the organization promotes a
culture of creative dissatisfaction."
- Lawrence Miller
- "When initiating change, some people dont get mad; they just get even. They
know of no other response."
- "The greatest hindrance for a change agent, is to be too stymied by the
mythological ideal of perfection portrayed in our society. Leadership in this world
belongs to the quick and the bold
not the perfect."
- Adapted from Richard S. Sloma
- "The only completely consistent people are dead. Sometimes you just have to change
- Aldous Huxley
- "A mistake in judgment isnt fatal, but too much anxiety about judgment
- Pauline Kaul
- "The ineffective leader is usually paralyzed by one or all of the "Three
Ps": Perfection, Procrastination, and Paralysis."
- Terry Paulson
- "The illiterate leaders of the future are not those who cant read and write
but those that cannot learn, unlearn, and re-learn."
- Alvin Toffler in Future Shock
- "The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything."
- Bishop W.C. Magee
- "When you rest, you rust."
- Martin Luther
- "I am not judged by the number of times I fail but by the number of times I
and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I
can fail and keep on trying."
- Tom Hopkins
- "Leaders know the value of positioning. Its easiest to ride a horse in the
direction its going. But, if the horse is dead, get off it!"
- Harvey Swanson
- "I claim not to have controlled events, but confess plainly that events have
- Abraham Lincoln.
- "There are four types of performance:
- Performance with bad luck and bad timing results in disaster.
- Performance with good luck but bad timing results in a happy accident.
- Performance with good luck and good timing results in super results.
- Performance with bad luck but good timing results in heroic efforts."
- Terry Paulson
- "If you want to have a good idea, have a lot of them."
- Thomas Edison
- "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
- Theodore Roosevelt
- "In leadership, some days youre the bug; other days youre the
- Candid Camera
- "The Three Ps" of effective leadership are Performance,
Positioning, and Perseverance."
- Terry Paulson
- "The most exciting environmentsthat treated people very wellare also
tough as nails. There is no mumbo-jumbo
Excellent organizations provide two things
simultaneously: tough environments and very supportive environments."
- Tom Peters
- "Im not a great motivator. I just get rid of the guys who cant motivate
- Lou Holtz
- "A good leader doesnt try and eliminate conflict; he tried to keep it from
wasting the energies of his people. If youre the boss, and your people fight you
openly when they thin you are wrongthats healthy. If they fight each other
openly in your presence for what they believe inthats healthy. But keep all
the conflict eyeball to eyeball."
- Robert Townsend
- "The major reason capable people fail to advance is that they dont work well
with their colleagues. The statement, Hes good, but he has trouble getting
along with other people, is the kiss of death for management potential
to success is not information. Its people."
- Lee Iacocca
- "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and
pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you."
- Jesus Christ (Matthew 5:44)
- "I dont like that man. Im going to have to get to know him
- Abraham Lincoln
- "There is no limit to what you can accomplish if you dont care who gets the
- Leslie G. McGraw, Jr.
- "A pat on the back is only a few vertebrae removed from a kick in the pants, but it
is miles ahead in results."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- "Poorly handled feedback can precipitate destructive conflict. Well-handled
feedback can short-circuit the need for conflict. Eliminating surprises can often make the
- Terry Paulson
- "As you go through life you are going to have many opportunities to keep your mouth
shut. Take advantage of all of them."
- James Dent
- "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
- John Moorley
Index Articles 1-49
Articles 50-99 Articles
100-149 Articles 150-199
200-249 Articles 250-299
Articles 300-349 Articles
Copyright © 1997-2004 Ministry
Health, LLC All Rights Reserved.
FrontPage and Microsoft Internet Explorer are registered trademarks of
Adobe Acrobat and PDF are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems
Hosted and Developed by SAMSA
was revised on:
Tuesday, October 05, 2004 11:03:05 PM