- 1. You give me time.
- 2. You listen to me—and you listen without making me feel judged.
- 3. You’re quick to remind me that I have strengths.
- 4. You help me heal when I’m hurting.
5. You tell me the truth when it will help me; you don’t tell me the truth when it won’t help me.
6. You show me by your demeanor, tone, and smile that it’s important to you that I feel secure, comfortable, at ease.
7. You show me that you’re sorry when you hurt my feelings; you allow me to show you that I’m sorry when I hurt your feelings.
- 8. You don’t abuse me…ever. You make sure that I know you seek to protect me.
- 9. You make small surprises for me.
- 10. You find words that support the best that is in me.
- 11. You let me cry when I need to.
- 12. You encourage me to tell the truth to you and to admit when I’m afraid.
Yes, you are my friend. And I need you.
Please continue to pray for me as I pray for you.